Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Washington Platform

Last week we went to Washington Platform for our Thursday lunch. We went there because they had an oyster festival going on. I am not a big fan of oysters, so I did not try any, but those who did said that they were very good.



I on the other hand had a buffalo chicken wrap. It was a very generous portion and was pretty good. The only thing I didn't like about it was of course, the mustardy bbq sauce. It didn't have as much of a mustard taste as Arnold's bbq sauce, but I could still definitely taste it. I am not sure what the deal is with people and their messed of bbq sauce, but this is the 2nd or 3rd time in the past 2 months that I have come across bbq sauce that tastes way too much like mustard. And yet, I live my entire life never having this problem. But like I said, besides the hint of mustard, it was very good and filling. It came with a side of fries which were also good. I would have liked to swap them out for their onion straws, but the waitress made a big deal about it when the person who ordered in front of me asked for this swap, so I decided to just let it go. The person next to me got a Roast Beef and swish cheese sandwich on a preztel. It looked very good and I might have to go back to try it out.



I did get to try the onion straws and they alone were a reason to check this place out. They were very good and could tell that they were made right there at the restaurant. I think that might have been the reason why they didn't like to swap out the bagged french fries for the home cooked onion straws. I even asked her if I could get the burger with onion straws on it and she didn't think they would allow it, unless they had a special burger that day that already had onion straws on it. They seem to be very picky about them, unless we just had a new waitress. But if you are from Washing Platform and you can make me a burger with onion straws, let me know! I will be there in a heartbeat!



All in all in what a pretty good experience, I think I would have enjoyed it more for dinner since they seemed to have a pretty nice bar and beer selection. The backroom that we did not get seated in looked a bit nicer with brick walls and booths. We were seated out front by the bar with just some tables and drywall and a couple of booths.

If you ever do go there, you'll have to head next door after eating to Minges to pick up a huge bag of candy. They have a huge selection and it is all tax free.

Washington Platform Saloon on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis