Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Willie's Sports Cafe

Willie's has become a second home for my parent's and brother. The fries and pizza are up to par for my little brother and having the small game area right by their special table helps them keep an eye on the kids while they play and run around. Another reason they like it so much, is because it never seems to be crowded. I have never been there when there was a wait and most of the time there are only about 5 other tables filled, so I always wondered how they stay in business.



The food isn't the best, but I usually get their wings, which are a bit on the dry side, but are one of the best things on their menu. Their fries are hit or miss depending on the day you go and who is making them in the back. The pizza is also hit or miss and I have seen all different types of their "plain cheese pizza" which is odd. I have seen it with a ton of cheese, I have seen it with no cheese (which was very strange) and I have seen it burnt and I have seen it cold.



They do have a very long happy hour which if I can remember runs from about 1pm to 7pm. During that you can get some good beer prices and half priced appetizers on certain items, which include the order of 12 wings.



I only go when I meet my family there, which is plenty enough for me. I would never choose to go on my own since there are a ton of places that I rather go to get wings, like right up the street at Buffalo Wild Wings or Hot wings or Wild Mike's. If you have never been there, you aren't missing out on much. But if you want to grab some beers and a burger or wings and you don't want to have to wait for a table or be in a loud place, then Willie's would be perfect for you.

Willie's Sports Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis