Thursday, March 4, 2010

Arnold's Bar & Grill

Arnold's Bar & Grill is one of my favorite places downtown. It is always links to OTR and Christian Moerlein (one of my favorite breweries). It has old time pub feel and theme and you can sit out back where the walls are very old brick that seem to go up for days and they can open up the roof so you are outside. They have a small stage in the back of that room for bands to play some good ol' folk music.

About a month ago we tried going down for an event they were having which entailed a full menu of Christian Moerlein inspired foods. They also were giving away pint glasses and serving beer specials all night. Sadly we got there "late" at around 7 or 8 and it was PACKED! So We had to settle for Nicholson's.

Yesterday I had lunch there. They just rolled out their $4.99 lunch menu, where everything on the menu is only $4.99! For Downtown, that is an amazing deal. With tax and tip it comes to about $6.31 which still isn't too bad for a full meal. I got a Cheddar, Bacon and BBQ Burger. Sounds delicious right? It was OK, nothing special. The burger was a little on the burnt side and the BBQ sauce had a STRONG hint of mustard. I HATE mustard! Mustard can ruin any burger for me. I can taste it from a mile away. The fries were too potatoey, they just weren't cooked enough for my liking.



It still was a great experience, I would love to go back and try more of their large $4.99 menu. The person I was with got the tilapia and really enjoyed it. He also got their Irish stew earlier in the week and really enjoyed that as well. I will hopefully be back down there this weekend for Bock Fest.

Arnold's Bar & Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis